Warn Industries believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Working independently and collaboratively with others, this position plays an integral role in executing our mission, philosophy, and commitment to providing high quality products and exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers. In addition to maintaining a high level of trust, integrity and ethical standards, all employees are also expected to promote a culture of safety by following all safety procedures, protocols and guidelines while working in a manner that minimizes the risk of damage to property and injury to the employee and others.
Under general supervision, facilitates quality verification of products and processing of non-conforming material. Assists and provides guidance to cross functional team for First article inspection, Capability studies, Measurements R&R studies and SPC. Documents and tracks progress of internal and external non-conformance and quality reporting.
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources, and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits.
1. Maintains the quality systems for finished goods and manufacturing inspection.
2. Implements and monitors vendor source inspection and provides quality liaison to the team.
3. Documents discrepant materials and maintains IMRB inventory at lowest possible level. Helps team leaders with disposition of discrepant material.
4. Troubleshoots problems in manufacturing and assembly. Measures parts for compliance to specification.
5. Submits engineering change requests to recommend solutions to problems with print or process changes. Respond to ECNs for New product introduction.
6. Review submitted first articles, post data for review.
7. Review and approve process documentation prior to release. Create rework / quality alert documents.
8. Provides basic statistical support to all areas of manufacturing upon request. Machine/tool capability studies, sampling plans and control plans.
9. Monitor and respond to customer complaints.
10. Perform internal audits as needed.
11. Aids in engineering, purchasing and outside vendors in definition of part non-conformance and measurement methods.
12. Responsible for prompt and regular attendance as scheduled.
13. Participates in quality problem solving efforts.
14. Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area.
15. Collaborate with Warn leadership and team members during team meetings, system reviews, safety meetings, and other forms of problem-solving discussions to further define and improve department strategies designed to meet and exceed quality objectives. Participate meaningfully in Warn safety and quality activities as directed or requested.
16. Serve as a role model demonstrating responsible and efficient time management, commitment to exceeding quality and productivity expectations, professional and respectful communication, and safe work habits.
17. Communicate in a professional, respectful and courteous manner with all employees, customers, vendors, visitors and others with whom we may work or interact. Contribute to a successful work group through positive interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations, and the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organization’s strategic goals.
Due to the nature and scope of the essential functions of this position, the importance of personal interactions with coworkers, and the availability of job-related tools, equipment and resources at work, performance of the essential functions requires regular, consistent availability, accessibility, and presence on-site.
Approximately 40 hours / week may be required to efficiently perform the job duties of this position, including presence at designated internal and external meetings. This position may also require availability and accessibility to respond to and address emergencies and critical situations outside of normal business operating hours in the early mornings, evenings and/or during weekends. Overtime may be scheduled and required to meet departmental needs.
Required Education and/or Experience:
1. Associates degree with Technical or Quality focus. Certified Quality Technician preferred.
2. Three or more years; related experience in a manufacturing environment and demonstrable knowledge and experience in SPC capability studies, Gage R&R, Long-term Gage studies, GD&T, and First Article.
3. Education and experience in basic statistical analysis is preferred. (see qualifications)
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong oral and written communication skills commensurate with the job tasks and position necessary to communicate clearly and effectively with internal and external customers while providing exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Ability to present information in a manner designed to educate or inform other team members and customers in one-on-one or group interactions as directed.
2. Ability to review, comprehend, interpret, process and evaluate effectively written work instructions, documents and procedures written in English, prints, specs and diagrams, and tool gauges, measuring devices and inspection tools in conjunction with the performance of the essential functions and other assigned job duties. Demonstrable knowledge and experience of SPC, GD&T with demonstrable ability to facilitate cross-functional activities.
3. Preferred knowledge: 8D corrective action and FMEA knowledge, ISO administration. Proficiency with MS Office required.
4. Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills including ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced work environment while maintaining a calm, rational and respectful demeanor and communication style in times of stress occasioned by work demands, tight timelines, heavy production expectations, unexpected quality control issues, and other work-related issues or concerns that may cause a heightened level of anxiety, frustration, anger, disappointment, confusion, etc.
5. Enthusiastic adoption and consistent demonstration of Warn Industries’ Core Values.
6. Strong technical, trouble-shooting, problem solving, research, organizational and analytical skills, combined with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet established deadlines. Ability to multitask is also essential while remaining flexible with changing priorities and deadlines.
7. Well-reasoned decision making with a high attention to detail regarding organization, planning, work flow, and project prioritization to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and accurately.
8. Highly ethical, self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and/or with limited direction, as well as cooperatively in a team environment, including leading projects and team members, while consistently demonstrating collaborative, respectful and productive work habits.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Receive, understand, evaluate and appropriately respond to communications from employees, members of management, customers, vendors, and visitors using available technology, in person and in a public setting when necessary.
2. Must possess good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination. May work for extended periods of time in a stationary position daily while performing essential functions of position that may include repetitive grasping, moving, and manipulating parts, tools, fixtures, equipment and product.
3. Maintain professional and respectful communication style to ensure reactions and responses to both emergency and non-emergency situations serve as an example to others of appropriate workplace communications.
4. Provide intellectually sound and well-reasoned answers, recommendations and solutions to identified business problems, issues and/or questions. Efficiently and quickly analyze, process, manipulate, and accurately record extensive amounts of data (much of which is technical in nature) and other information that serves as the basis for this position.
5. Move to, from and within the designated work area frequently and consistently throughout the work day and regularly throughout our building and/or across Warn-related property site locations, possibly during inclement weather.
6. Use a personal computer or other technology devices frequently and consistently for the purpose of reviewing, analyzing, creating, transmitting, and presenting documents, data and other business-related information.
7. Lift, transport and/or move 35 pounds occasionally in the performance of regular duties as outlined above. May required occasional lifting overhead. Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing and descending a stepladder may also be required.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. This position’s job duties are performed both in a shop/ warehouse type environment and an office environment. Team members in this position may be exposed to loud noises from operating machinery, cold/hot temperatures, chemicals and vapors, and possibly injury associated with work involving manufactured parts, assembly and heavy machinery. Office environment exposure may include traditional office lighting and office furniture, as well as consistent and frequent noise, interruptions and other similar distractions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is intended to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER