Outside Foodservice Sales Representative
At Pacific Seafood, we do more than just provide the world with the healthiest proteins on the planet. We cultivate a work environment that listens to our team members, nurtures potential, embraces diversity, and values innovative thinking. As a leader in the seafood industry, we know that the key to our success is based on the commitment to excellence displayed by each of our team members.
To service customers by thoroughly understanding and providing accurate product and pricing information, as well as writing orders and following up on delivery. Responsible for growing and building sales with both new and existing accounts.
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Identify and generate new customers, while increasing demand in existing accounts.
- Increase sales through the placement of additional line items.
- Generate own leads, as well as excellent follow-up on company furnished accounts.
- Initiate and control sales processes with new clients.
- Provide guidance, assistance and service to customers.
- Sell products at maximum profit margin with consideration given to current market pressures and sound understanding of competitors' position.
- Negotiate contracts applying established company pricing standards.
- Create, maintain and execute a successful territory sales plan.
- Prepare quotes and complex bid responses.
- Attend and actively participate in all sales meetings.
- Communicate and support administrative personnel in keeping customers within credit terms.
- Understand and positively communicate all company policies and procedures.
- Monitor sales volumes, distribution margins and related measurements.
- Report variances with corrective actions to the Sales Manager and Sales Supervisor once per period.
- Utilize order and pricing guides.
- Support daily push and extra value items.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
What You Bring to Pacific Seafood:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 3-5 years restaurant management, retail, or perishable food sales experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams)
- Seafood/protein work experience
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. We invest in our Team Members through a comprehensive and attractive total rewards package, including but not limited to:
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) retirement plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match
- Paid time-off for all regular FT team members to include sick days, paid holidays, vacation, and personal time
- Employee assistance program providing confidential professional counseling, financial and legal assistance at no charge to team members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.