Fixed Income Analyst
Job Function: The Fixed Income Analyst is responsible for supporting the trading desk as it pertains to the products and services of the taxable desk. He or she will assist with the duties, responsibilities and inquiries for individual and institutional clients supported by the capital markets sales team. Duties include, but are not limited to, the creation of securities material to assist in the sale of taxable products by the sales team, reporting, market analysis and communications to the sales team and customers. This role will be responsible for supporting the desk as it relates to all duties with the exception of positioning securities for inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Taxable trading desk in analysis and support as it relates to trades to fulfill customer investment needs as instructed.
- Prepare and distribute presentation packets for sales team as it relates to the products of this desk.
- Maintain rapport and communication with the sales team, media, dealers and brokers to keep abreast of market trends, conditions, prices and opportunities, etc.
- Provide Analysis to CMG investment personnel and the taxable desk on market trends, offerings and yields to support sales and underwriting activities both verbally and through written communications.
- Maintain communication with investment personnel to ensure customer needs are being met.
- Author “Market Strategy“ piece as needed for weekly Portfolio Managers Report (PMR)
- Prepare and communicate all materials and analysis to assist in the annual increase in production of the desk.
Job Qualifications/ Required Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Business preferred or 3-5 years of experience in capital markets or fixed income industry
- Minimum of three years related Capital Market (trading, sales, analysis or operations) experience preferred.
- Currently have or ability to secure professional licensing and/or certifications within 6 months of employment. (MSRB SIE and Series 52)
- Requires a working knowledge of financial markets and products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Strong keyboard skills and familiarity with the Bloomberg system, Excel and Word software required.
- High level of organizational skills are expected
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Exhibit and maintain high degree of professionalism
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization
- Excellent follow through and time management skills
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must exhibit good business acumen
- Ability to multi-task and problems-solve
- Proficient with PC, web and Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess a can do customer-service attitude/philosophy