Maintenance Tech- Electrician (2nd Shift)
Arconic City Of Industry, CA
- Maintenance Electrician - Installs electrical conduit, wiring, switching devices, controls, outlets, fixtures, motors, and other such equipment.
- Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using instruments such as voltmeter, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure gages.
- Establish procedures by which the teams/ production technicians perform preventative maintenance activities.
- Train production technicians in the preventative maintenance activities of plant equipment.
- Interface with engineering, production and suppliers in the maintenance, fabrication, rebuilding and improvement of manufacturing equipment and facilities.
- Assist teams in their continuous improvement efforts.
- Assist production in the definition of manufacturing methods, tooling and equipment.
- Establish procedures for shop floor housekeeping and 5S implementation.
- Establish a minimum spare parts and supplies inventory.
- Fabricate spare parts, as required.
- Facilitate compliance with company safety, housekeeping, attendance policies and practices.
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of manufacturing operations, customers and suppliers.
- Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Comply with all EHS rules and regulations and supervisory instructions.
- Trade certificate in electrical or motor controls.
- Minimum of five years experience in a manufacturing environment performing machine maintenance and repair.
- Familiar with the function and operation of a variety of manufacturing equipment and processes (i.e. heading, rolling, drilling, heat treat, plating, band annealing, assembly and facility support.)
- Ability to read equipment and component drawings and schematics.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trades involved.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) from an accredited institution.