Overview: Transdev, formerly Veolia Transportation, is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
This position is responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance of the Cincinnati Streetcars (revenue vehicles).
Responsibilities: Key Responsibilities:
- Provides maintenance and repairs for the fleet of Streetcars on a daily basis in order to meet fleet availability requirements
- Performs all maintenance and repair activities in compliance with OEM requirements, the streetcar maintenance program and associated SOPs
- Supports servicing staff in ensuring Streetcars are serviced and clean for service availability
- Supports MOF Facility Maintainer in the care and maintenance of shop equipment that is utilized for Streetcar maintenance and repair
- Moves Streetcars into and out of the shop for inspections and servicing
- Adheres to all safety and organizational rules, policies and procedures
- Works with Streetcar manufacturer field personnel to support warranty work and administration
- Inputs/provides accurate documentation in Maximo; the Company's Asset Management/MMIS program
- Supports Transportation staff to ensure timely pullouts from the yard for revenue service on a daily basis
- Supports Transportation staff in troubleshooting and towing disabled vehicles back to the MOF whenever required
- Supports the Maintenance of Way working group whenever required
- Reports all accidents, incidents, or unusual occurrences and accurately completes all required reporting and documentation
- Diligently operates as an overseer of the Streetcar System in order to ensure a safe, secure and clean operation for the public and all employees and passengers
Other duties as required
Qualifications: Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Relevant training or certification in a related technical field is preferred
- Qualified to drive and possess a valid State of Ohio driver's license in good standing
- Four years' experience in transit rail vehicle maintenance and/or a related field (e.g. high voltage electrical, electrical/mechanical, electronics or aeronautics) is preferred. Equivalence of experience and education will be considered.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must be able to read and comprehend technical specifications and manuals
- Must be computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs; know how to operate standard office equipment, two-way radios, fleet vehicles and other related shop equipment; familiarity with Asset Management system(s) would be beneficial
- Must have good oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to work amid constant interruptions, prioritize and deal with time pressured deadlines and be able to clearly communicate during such occasions
- Must be autonomous, self-directed and possess the ability to handle crisis and conflict situations
- Must submit and successfully pass drug testing, criminal background check and verification of previous employment
- Must be able to maintain and sustain a Department of Transportation (DOT) medical card
- Must be able to pass periodical DOT physical examinations and random drug/alcohol screens as this is a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules, including weekends as needed
- This position requires the wearing of a uniform
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors in all types of conditions (e.g. weather, rain, dust, noise, heat, cold, etc.)
- Job requires standing, bending, stooping, kneeling and walking throughout the shift
- Must handle parts and equipment ranging from 10 to 50 lbs.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check