CDL A Driver Trainer
**$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE**
Must reside in state you are applying in, if relocating, must have a residence in place to transfer license to state you are applying in.
CDL Truck Driver Instructors – MUST have Class A CDL License
Professional Truck Drivers!!
Would you like to be home every night?
Would you like to have a set schedule?
Would you like to influence the next generation of drivers hitting the roads?
Put your Professional Truck Driving experience and expertise to use improving the lives of others by helping new drivers launch their career!
160 Driving Academy is seeking safety minded and personable individuals to add to our team of high performing Class A CDL Truck Driving Instructors.
The selected individuals will be responsible for preparing students for Pre-Trip, Yard Skills and Road Driving portions of their exam. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Key responsibilities include:
· Lead classroom, yard, and road CDL Class A training
· Perform evaluations through checklists and observation, as well as documenting progress.
· Monitor student progress, identify any gaps and provide additional assistance as necessary.
· Maintain proper documentation, including daily attendance, tracking, evaluations, etc.
· Emphasize safety concepts, principles and procedures.
Benefits include health insurance and paid vacation. More details will be provided upon resume submission***
160 Driving Academy is looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
· MUST have a valid Ohio CDL Class A license with a MINIMUM of 36 months verifiable tractor trailer driving experience; Driver Training Instructor License is not required but is preferred
· Must possess a clean driving record: no more than 2 driving offenses or accidents in the past 2 years and no DUI in the past 10 years
· Must be physically able to operate motor vehicle
· Be patient and a good leader to students
· Have strong verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrate empathy in the classroom and yard with students, making a positive impact in their lives
· Must be available and willing to teach classes Monday through Friday
· Must be at least 25 years of age
· Must possess at least a HS diploma or GED
· Must have basic computer capabilities and know how to navigate a web browser
· Must bring a strong work ethic coupled with tenacity, self-motivation, and problem solving to get the job done and done right
· Any education experience is a big plus
Salary: $27.00 - $30.00 /hour
160 Driving Academy is an equal opportunity employer. 160 Driving Academy evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.