VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Dickinson Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Dickinson Fleet Services (DFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country. DFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. DFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering select services, such as accident repair, paint, refurbishment and heavy mechanical repair. Supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center, DFS provides maintenance scheduling and emergency roadside assistance to fleets anywhere, anytime.
DFS is currently hiring a Shop Manager to lead our maintenance facility and to support future growth of the Company in this area. If you are looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk to you!
- Working closely with technicians, sales staff and customers ensuring DFS is providing excellent customer service, minimizing costs and identifying the best solutions for repairing and maintaining customer’s vehicles.
- Providing leadership and supervision to technicians and support staff on 1st shift, to ensure high level of efficiency, productivity and safety standards are met.
- Planning, development, meeting short and long-term goals and objectives for the shop, which includes Diesel Vehicle Service / Trailer Repair and parts departments.
- Assure technicians in all repair departments have the necessary training and information to perform repairs on trailers and commercial vehicles.
- Manage and implement labor and parts pricing, to ensure profit goals are achieved.
- Creating and fostering good working relationships with customers, vendors and company partners.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and safety policies.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Shop Manager in a Heavy Duty Truck repair operation or currently in a similar position
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Understand profit and loss statements, and ability to manage a team of up to 15 employees
- Familiarity with Karmak preferred but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication, along with listening skills to interact with customers, employees and vendors.
- General understanding of the Department Of Transportation (DOT), federal, state, and local regulations affecting vehicle maintenance operations
- Strong computer and Windows office suite skillset, and the ability to learn new platforms (such as DFS IT Systems, including Web Wrench, MobileFrame, RO Writer)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative
- Positive attitude, good instincts and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.