What You'll Do
As a Senior Construction Materials Field Technician, you understand the true meaning of hard work. You put your construction materials testing expertise to use by performing field and laboratory tests on soils and concrete. Both your internal project managers and external clients are pleased with your evaluations, since documentation is something you take pride in. You go above and beyond in order to ensure that the client receives a quality evaluation and report. You get the “big“ picture and want to contribute accordingly – and that's why you'll have all the opportunity for career growth within our company you'll want. For highlights of others who have taken their amazing skills and grown their careers with ECS, click here.
You will be part of a dynamic, growing, and energized team - and your role is key to the success of ECS. While your job duties may fluctuate day to day, here are some areas we expect to see you proficient in:
- Observing and documenting field activities
- Sampling, testing, and inspecting soils, aggregates, concrete, grout, masonry, asphalt, and structural steel placement
- Performing calculations and data reduction of test results
- Using field screening equipment and documenting readings
- Reading maps, following directions and interpreting engineering and construction plans
- Interacting and communicating daily with contractors, technicians, and project managers
- Want to experience what this job really entails? Click here
What We're Looking For
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 – 4 years of experience
- Some serious GRIT and have no problem lifting/carrying 40 – 100 lbs around job sites multiple times a day
- Must be able to provide suitable transportation for use on job sites – Mileage will be reimbursed
Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is a leader in geotechnical, construction materials, environmental, and facilities engineering. ECS is currently ranked 72 in Engineering News-Record's Top 500 Design Firms (ENR, 2019) and is honored as ENR Mid-Atlantic's Design Firm of the Year (2018). To learn more about us, click here.
We love our employees and we show this through providing some great benefits. Click here to see how we show our passion for our people.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.