National Express LLC (NELLC) is the North American subsidiary of National Express Group, PLC, one of the premier transportation firms in the United Kingdom. We operate across 34 states and three provinces. All organizations share a strong commitment to provide the highest level of transportation safety, quality transportation, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. National Express School (NEXS) operates more than 22,500 school buses, serves more than 550 school districts in 31 states and three provinces, and transports more than 1.3 million students on a daily basis. National Express Transit (NEXT) operations transport more than 22 million passengers annually with more than 2,800 vehicles. National Express Shuttle (WeDriveU) serves more than nine million corporate and university passengers annually. NELLC's corporate headquarters, located in Lisle, Illinois, houses the administrative and corporate support functions for the organization. Our 290 local customer service centers (CSCs) are supported by regional operations teams located throughout North America. Learn more at nellc.com.
- Conduct and document required behind-the-wheel training for drivers.
- Assist in driver recruitment process.
- Conduct and/or participate in monthly safety meetings.
- Conduct and document semi-annual behind-the-wheel driver evaluations.
- Participate in the development and administration of customer safety awareness programs, and company-sponsored safety programs.
- Review driver records from the state for violations and take appropriate corrective action.
- Coordinate with safety and training supervisor to notify drivers of upcoming licenses and/or certificate expiration dates.
- Review VCRs and perform administrative safety duties as needed.
- Investigate, report and record vehicle accidents, work-related injuries and incidents.
Company name is: Durham School Services
- High school diploma or GED
- Commercial driving experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of Company regulations and state and laws relating to student transportation.
- Appropriate vehicle class license, current medical and school bus driver's certificate.
- Ability to interface and communicate with all types of individuals.
- Preventable motor vehicle accident record would be considered
- Acceptable driving performance for the past 12 months.
- Must be knowledgeable of adult training techniques.
- Computer literacy, preferably in word processing and spreadsheets, excellent interpersonal skills, well developed written and verbal communication skills. Basic math skills,
- Multi-tasking and time and priority management skills to balance conflicting demands related to customer care and routing.
Durham School Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key Words: Driver Trainer, Safety Trainer, Behind the Wheel Trainer, Driver Safety Trainer, Trainer, Driver Safety Training Assistant, Assistant Training Manager, Transportation Safety Trainer, Safety, Passenger Safety, Safety Training, Safety Compliance, Safety Meetings, Safety Programs, Driver Evaluations, Safety Evaluations, Safety Records, Driver Records, Training, Training Records, Accident Review Committee, Accident Investigation, CDL, Commercial Driver's License, Bus, School Bus, Passenger Bus, Student, Pupil, Passenger, Transportation, Ground Transportation, Special Needs Transportation,