RN - Director of Nursing - Registered Nurse
RN - Director of Nursing Services - Behavioral Health Hospital
Blue Ridge Vista Health and Wellness is currently recruiting an experienced and compassionate RN to lead our nursing team!
Our behavioral health hospital serves the adult population in a contemporary, healing environment. We specialize in providing care to individuals struggling with emotional challenges, life changes and behavioral health issues such as anxiety, depression and anger triggered by loss or illness.
The position of RN - Director of Nursing Services will have primary responsibility for administering and coordinating clinical services and programs for residents. The position will directly supervise nurses as nurse manager and be responsible for the day-to-day clinical operations for our Free Standing Behavioral Hospital.
The successful candidate for the Director of Nursing Services position must have a current, valid Registered Nurse license, BSN preferred, and 5 years of clinical management experience in a Behavioral Health environment. The DON must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to behavioral hospital administration.
Qualified candidates, please respond to this ad with your resume for confidential consideration.
- Current RN license, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the care of the mentally ill; assessment, planning, provision, and evaluation of psychiatric nursing care to patients.
- Experience with medication teaching, management of the therapeutic milieu, and providing mandatory and voluntary in-service training to all staff.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical management experience in a Behavioral Health environment.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to behavioral hospital administration.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- The ability to communicate well with employees and families about their issues
- Must maintain CPR certification