Position Title: Store Manager
The Store Manager (SM) is responsible for the overall performance of the store location and multiple-businesses (retail, rental, custom and tailoring). To be successful in this role the SM needs to think innovatively, act strategically and create a culture of customer-obsessed team members who deliver a world-class experience each and every day. He/she will establish a clear and compelling direction and coach store team members to run the store efficiently, be customer-ready, setup per visual merchandising direction and up to brand standards. The SM is expected to build a high-performing team through trust, commitment, and a focus on results. The SM's role is to lead the store team through change in order to implement and adapt to new programs in a timely manner and to make the most of the investment to achieve the expected outcome. They will establish a clear and compelling direction and coach the store management support and sales force teams to develop sound operational plans and execute seamlessly. In addition, the SM will create a healthy culture through coaching, positive recognition and creating an environment where opinions matter. He/she must work well with and demonstrate respect for colleagues at all levels and consistently contribute to a positive work environment. The SM must keep a steady pipeline of internal and external candidates, through recruitment and succession planning, to sustain appropriate staffing levels to achieve store goals.
- Set clear expectations for leadership behaviors and accountability for results; empower others to make decisions within company guidelines.
- Provide direct transparent and consistent communications with the store team to ensure alignment between the store and region.
- Build strong partnership with the multi-unit management support team (FOMs, ZVMM, Recruiters, HRBP), to utilize the support provided to lead your store in various areas.
- Support store team to give back to the community with outreach efforts.
- Responsible for achieving store business plans, including sales, profitability and other financial measurements.
- Ensure store consistently demonstrates benchmark selling techniques and encourages participation in team-selling.
- Manage local marketing events such as Bridal Shows, Trunk Shows and other opportunities to drive traffic.
- Develop plan and implement a strategy to maximize sales and achieve goals.
- Assist consultants in setting, meeting and maintaining personal sales volume and statistical goals.
- Fulfill Store Commerce Orders (Ship-from-Store, Pre-Sale, ROPIS and BOPIS) within the committed timeline while maintaining acceptable cancellation rates.
- Manage store shrink by creating awareness, proper sales floor coverage and compliance of policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing basic alterations (plain bottoms and cuffs) and pressing customer garments.
- Partner with your Regional Manager to recruit and interview employee candidates, and execute new hire on-boarding to company standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of successful experience in retail store management and retail sales with proven track record or equivalent experience.
- Must have strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative and analytical skills with an understanding of sales and financial data.
- Creative, and business savvy individual who demonstrates good judgement and is tuned in to the pulse of the organization.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, inovative thinker.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Comfortable communicating with partners at all levels, both internal and external.
- Demonstrate active listening and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in positive dialogue one-on-one or in a group setting, and at different levels.
- Skilled at prioritizing duties, working under time constraints, handling multiple tasks, and working independently while remaining flexible to changing priorities and assignments
- Proven ability to develop teams into high performing individuals and by providing training and development
- Experience building store with strong and committed team – evidenced by employee retention and engagement.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Interpret, follow and execute detailed instructions. Learn, apply and retain Company policies and procedures; merchandise and selling information.
- Bend down and squat to locate and pick up merchandise located at ground level and to assist customers put on shoes; bend down and crouch to mark pants for alterations.
- Lift arms and reach over the head to hang or take merchandise off racks or place on customer.
- Operate a computer and cash register, including manual tasks such as reaching across the counter to exchange monies with customer, grasping, pulling, pushing, and folding merchandise to wrap customer purchases.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and competitive sales environment.
- Stand and walk for the majority of work shift, sometimes as long as twelve hours per day, five or sometimes six days per week.
- Frequent (at least 2/3 of the work day) bending and twisting at neck and waist, crouching and squatting, reaching above and below shoulder height, grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation with both hands, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders.
- Travel as required.
- Work at least 40 hours per week, which may include working any of the hours the store is in operation, at least two closing shifts per week, Saturdays, and six days per week during peak periods.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our company celebrates diversity and provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, veteran or military status, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, or any other protected status under the law.