Production Worker 1
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Production Worker performs a range of production tasks and operates a variety of production machinery. Ensures the maintenance of a safe work environment with an ultimate goal of zero accidents.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs a range of production tasks such as operating subassembly equipment, ovens, material handling equipment including hoists, cranes, pallet trucks, and other miscellaneous equipment
- Monitors, measures, and records quality assurance data including, but not limited to, dimensions, weight, or other specific information
- Comprehends and accurately follows specific detailed operational instructions and prints for job and setup operations
- Follows specific quality criteria to maintain quality system requirements and assists in training less experienced staff
- Observes safe work practices, maintains a safe and clean work environment and wears the appropriate personal protective equipment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 2-5 years of manufacturing experience
- Skilled in the use of hand tools
- Ability to read various instructions
- Able to recognize and solve typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluate and select solutions from established options
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Good attention to detail