Requisition Number: MARKE01412
Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to nine regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Raleigh & Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
Messer’s reputation for support, commitment, and career growth makes it an attractive place to advance and finish your career!
We are currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing and Corporate Communication (M&CC) team. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker and self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills, is detail oriented, organized, and is a team player who can work collaboratively. This position works alongside all members of the M&CC team, and will be responsible for assisting with the development, coordination and implementation of internal communications and external marketing to advance the mission and goals of the company.
- Assist with maintaining Messer’s annual editorial calendar of activities, events, meetings, local and trade media opportunities to pitch, internal communication, and social media content ideas.
- Copywriting and content creation for internal communications through various channels across the footprint of Messer, including but not limited to intranet, email, PowerPoint presentations, and meeting planning and execution.
- Assist with copywriting and content creation for a variety of external communications, including but not limited to: messer.com news and content, fact sheets, bios, event planning, sell sheets, award submissions, advertisements, collateral, and conference abstracts.
- Implement design standards to create internal communication and external marketing materials as needed.
- Prepare marketing reports by collecting, and summarizing data.
- Assist with video planning and production for both internal and external use.
- Assist with marketing research in support of market segment marketing plans, marketing technology and other areas as they arise.
- Understand and maximize our use of our MarTech stack, such as Smartsheet, Widen, and Google Analytics.
- Support the Messer M&CC team as appropriate to drive successful completion of projects and grow as a team member.
- Administrative functions such as meeting logistics, asset management and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years of work experience (including co-op or internship) in marketing, communications or internal communications.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present compelling stories for a wide range of audiences.
- Intermediate skills using Adobe Rush, Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop).
- Light travel as needed to tour job sites, assist with events, tradeshows, etc.
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
Marketing and Corporate Communication Vice President
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.