Responsible for the safe and cost effective maintenance, repair and replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. Reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Essential Job Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant preventive maintenance program based on best practices in the food industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Supervises plant maintenance personnel. Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Hires maintenance personnel, assigns goas and conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Participate in plant leadership team including objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Sense of urgency
- Minimum of ten years of experience in maintenance industry in production and manufacturing
Two-year college degree or certificate in a related technical field.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.