Company Name: Kroger General Office
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Line of Business: Research & Development
See what life is like at Kroger Technology
Additional Technology Information:
The Operations Research team and Data Science team is a world-class data science team. This team is dedicated to solving Kroger's biggest problems. The team combines data science and data engineering skills to provide “full-stack“ data science support to multiple, high-profile initiatives. We collaborate with multiple business partners including R&D, Operations, Merchandising, Finance, and HR to deliver state-of-the-art data science solutions. The team is looking for Data Engineers that are focused on data-related tasks such as sourcing data, ensuring data is clean and high quality, administering ETL workflows, managing databases, system administration and providing operational support to the team. If interested, the candidate could also have the opportunity to learn data science skills such as modeling, simulation, forecasting, and machine learning and may transition into more of a data science role over time.
The Operations ReSearch Analyst 1 will crEate detailed analysis, operational recommendations and decision Support Tools through intense mathematical analysis, collaboration with Subject Matter Experts, model design and Development in order to maximize the benefit to The Kroger Co. This position will provide assistance to Operation ReSearch Analysts and Senior Analysts on large Projects. Collaborate with cross-Functional teams to deliver sustainable, continuous Improvement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the initial definition of the problem statement and Data requirements.
- Understand and translate operational complexities.
- Design and Develop models to visualize the problem.
- Assist in the crEation of measurement Systems to track Project success and goal attainment.
- Perform extensive analysis of the problem and outline possible Solutions.
- Test possible Solutions utilizing Operations ReSearch Tools and techniques. These techniques and Tools include, but not limited to, mathematical Optimization, quantitative decision Support, simulation, linear Programming, dynamic Programming, regression analysis, cluster analysis, queuing theory, statistics, forecasting, Data mining, and Project management.
- Draw conclusions from previous tests in order to crEate New hypotheses.
- Work independently and Accountable for multiple concurrent Projects while delivering accurate and appropriate findings.
- Publish findings and recommendations to Project team, management and Operations ReSearch peers.
- Collaboratively Develop Plans to implement suggested Improvements and confirm the Plans are realized.
- CrEate sustainable control Plans for Improvement efforts.
- Participate in the approval of Project closures and formal transition to the Process owners.
- Complete other assigned work as necessary.
- Key contributor in the Process Improvement Engineering activities within a cross-Functional design team. Collaborate in Developing sustainable Processes and Solutions that drive manufacturing, supply chain and in-Store efficiencies, eliminate non-value-added activities and enhance our Internal and External Customer experience.
- Consult with Subject-Matter Experts to Develop potential Business and Technology Solutions; advise on impact to Business Processes.
- Establish and Maintain Relationships throughout the Enterprise with Division Associates, manufacturing, vendors, logistics, and Store-level personnel to understand, document and define Business strategies and Processes (current and future state).
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree, BA/BS degree in Engineering/Sciences/Quantitative discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with Data collection and analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, balanced by the ability to apply common sense.
- Strong mathematics and statistical background.
- Effective organizational skills and solid team background Maintained through effective communication skills.
- The ability to travel independently as required.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Experience analyzing complex sets of Data and Developing recommendations and/or publishing findings.
- Experience in computer Programming, Data visualization, and/or mathematical analysis.
- Experience in Retail, supply chain, and/or manufacturing a plus.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Alabama; Alaska; American Samoa; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; District of Columbia; Federated States of Micronesia; Florida; Georgia; Guam; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Marshall Islands; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Northern Mariana Islands; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Palau; Pennsylvania; Puerto Rico; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virgin Islands; Virginia; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH || Blue Ash || 11450 Grooms Road || 45242 || Kroger General Office || [[mfield2]] || Research and Development || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None