Working at Girl Scouts is making a difference. We wake up every day knowing that our work is changing lives—giving girls and young women the tools to empower themselves for a lifetime of leadership.
The Accounting Specialist - Payroll and Benefits is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of payroll, benefits, and personnel accounting transactions and records. This role is expected to use professional experience and internal policies to solve personnel accounting issues, including maintenance of records to ensure timely and accurate processing, reporting, and internal controls. This role will manage the payroll and expense reimbursement process, respond to inquiries pertaining to individual employee files, including technical support for common employee self-service and supervisory tasks in the online payroll application, and facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors as requested. The Accounting Specialist - Payroll and Benefits will collaborate with Finance, Human Resources, and other departments throughout the organization on improvements to current payroll, benefits, and personnel expense applications and processes, as well as provide extensive support for any future implementation(s) of additional/subsequent applications.
Requirements for the position are:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years recent payroll and benefits experience required; 5 or more years total experience in accounting or bookkeeping preferred.
- Recent experience with payroll and other transaction systems implementation/conversion desired.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive problem-solving abilities and mindset.
- Solid customer service and communication skills.
- Expertise in third-party payroll processing and related applications, with high aptitude for learning and mastering new systems quickly, including but not limited to PayCom Online.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and functioning vehicle.
- Successful completion of fingerprinting and criminal background check as required by Ohio law.
We're the preeminent leadership organization for girls, with close to 2.7 million girl and adult members and 112 councils across the country. We've been inspiring girls to achieve their full potential since 1912.
At Girl Scouts, you'll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, and commitment—and most importantly, a life-changing career. We have an array of opportunities for professionals in fields ranging from accounting, research, and marketing, to information technology, advocacy, fund development, and beyond. Every role contributes to helping girls discover themselves, connect with others, and take action to make the world a better place.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability for the individual employee
- 401(k) retirement program
- Flexible spending account and health reimbursement account
- Casual dress code
- Paid vacation, sick days, and paid holidays
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness available for those who qualify