At Scripps Health, you will
experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as
one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work. You’ll be surrounded by people
committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their
teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Mercy Hospital, Chula Vista
is located approximately eight miles from the Mexico border, serving San Diego
County’s fast-growing South Bay communities. Our highly skilled team
thrives in an environment that is family-oriented and where everyone is ready
to jump in and help each other succeed. Excellence in patient and
family-centered care is extremely important, and has resulted in our high
patient satisfaction scores.
Join our team as a Surgical Tech
where you will ensure OR rooms are ready for surgery, including all
case-specific supplies and equipment are sterile and ready for use. You will also:
- monitor for sterile field throughout procedure, scrubfor cases and anticipate the needs of the physician and operating team.
- take initiative to utilize appropriate support services toresolve issues, position and transport patients and organize room cleanupand ensure efficient room turnover, including decontaminating equipment asnecessary.
Our team remains committed to
professional development, dedication to their team members and best care
practices and making patients feel comfortable with and informed about their
care. Our surgical support staff focus on the unique skills required for
assisting patients before, during, and after procedures.
This is a
12 hour Casual position.
- One(1) year of recent experience as a Surgical Technologist or completion ofan accredited Surgical Technologist training program.
- CurrentBLS from the American Heart Association
- Excellentcommunication skills. Basic computer skills. Able to multi-task and workwell in a team environment. Detail oriented and able work well in a fast-paced,high stress environment.
- 2years’ experience in the main OR