Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest has been voted one of the best places to work. We are one of the largest providers of reproductive healthcare in Southern California, operating 18 health centers throughout our three county region. Check out our new video, “We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest” for more information about our organization: https://youtu.be/2ATarFSN3TQ.
Care. No Matter What.
We are seeking a Staff Clinician (NP/PA) for our Chula Vista Health Center, in San Diego, California
The Staff Clinician will provide reproductive healthcare services including exams, diagnosis, treatment, education, counseling, and serve as a medical resource other licensed and non-licensed staff in accordance with agency protocols.
Active California Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license. Pending licenses will be considered.
Experience in women’s healthcare preferred.
Bilingual in Spanish/English is REQUIRED.
- Comply at all times with PPPSW Medical Protocols and operational policies and procedures.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to fulfil goals of Strategic Plan.
- Ensure compliance with established Agency metrics.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat clients’ reproductive health issues appropriately and only when covered by PPPSW medical protocols (unless Physician consult sought).
- Work directly on Practice Management System and Electronic Medical Record system for the electronic management of client information including but not limited to: client tracking, coding, charting, logs, etc.
- Take rotating on-call duties.
- In collaboration with Center Manager, prepare occurrence and QA events and forward to Director of Quality Management.
- Participate in research projects as requested.
- Follow up on abnormal lab results and outside referrals in compliance with medical protocols and as requested by Case Management staff.
- In support of PPPSW’s Just Culture Philosophy, identify and report errors, near misses, and employee, patient and customer safety concerns in a timely manner.
- To support risk and quality management by proactively communicating identified risks to supervisor in order to minimize risk when possible.
- Comply with PPPSWs Code of Conduct and maintain the highest level of professional and ethical standards and to act in compliance with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Act as a resource and consultant for nursing staff as needed.
- Detailed onboarding and training program
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability
- Generous 401(k) matching effective immediately upon enrollment
We are the power of Planned Parenthood.
We are Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest, one of the largest and most prominent affiliates of the most iconic health care organization in the world. We are recognized for the wide array of services we provide and the outstanding education we deliver.
We are a prominent and powerful team of health experts who work relentlessly to help our communities sustain their health and well-being. We adhere to the highest standards and protocols as we collaborate and care for people, without judgment.
100 years of advocating for our mission has secured our advancement, our future and our passion for practicing health care.
We are a team you can have fun with and a powerful movement you can be part of. Together we’ll take pride in shaping the future of sexual health and reproductive rights.
For those who feel that purpose is critical to their work, this is a gift.
In This Together.
Planned Parenthood of the Pacific Southwest is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please visit our careers page for more information: www.pppswcareers.org