Location: Chula Vista, CA (91910)
Searching for an experienced Buyer who will be able to process purchasing requisitions from the managers in the field and turn those requisitions into purchase orders. The Buyer will be responsible for evaluating supply base, creating purchase orders, answering vendor questions, resolving bill questions and providing them with additional order documentation as needed. The successful candidate for this position has experience in the manufacturing or aerospace industry and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
- Purchases materials or other goods and/or coordinates activities involved with procuring goods services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, testing and qualification services for establishment.
- Negotiates and administers terms of supplier contracts within scope of designated authority in a legal and ethical manner.
- Establishes and manages relationships with suppliers.
- Develops and executes sourcing strategy with KPIs to manage cost, quality, schedule and risk.
- Researches all aspects of Capital projects with the Operations team to ensure the best Commercial terms, savings and warranty.
- Ensures on-time delivery performance and quality from suppliers by expediting purchase orders, following up on back orders, and notifying operations of expected delivery dates.
- Researches alternative suppliers in case of material shortages or price differences.
- Reviews requisitions, purchase orders, and invoice issues for accuracy and conformance with established policies and procedures.
- Trains other purchasing personnel at the entry level.
- Works closely with internal customers to clarify supplier related questions and issues
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to effectively communicate and problem solve under pressure.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-5+ years Experience
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.