As a Preconstruction Manager, you will manage the preconstruction activities for one or more complex, large projects by overseeing the estimating, design development and client relations between the bid and initial phase of construction.
What you will be doing
- Manages project pursuits by working closely with proposal manager, lead estimator, business development manager and project sponsor.
- Works with Business Development team to identify opportunities, recommends partnerships for Company pursuit, and coordinates partnership teams to submit proposals within prescribed budgets and timelines.
- Develops and manages pursuit timeline and deliverables, attends all schedule and proposal meetings to ensure submission will include all necessary data and documentation.
- Reviews design schedule and construction plans to identify cost savings opportunities within the contract specifications by adjusting quantities, estimate materials or alternative construction methods.
- Word with design managers to develop the best possible technical solution.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Develops project specific client management strategy. Manages client expectations and communication based on contract specifications and needs of the Owner.
- Works closely with engineers and estimators to develop the budget and secure the final bid price for the pursuit.
- Supports the project hand-off between the bid and construction teams to ensure proper execution of construction plans and client expectations. Supports project management team with client relations during the initial phases of project construction, as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field preferred.
- 10+ years’ construction industry experience related to project pursuits, including estimating, project management or business development required.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated experience leading partnering and teaming agreements.
- Understanding of cost estimating practices, development and implementation.
- Strong communication and organizational skills required.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.