VP of Quality
Norwegian American Hospital
Requisition Number: VPOFQ02177
- Manages the operations and staff of the Quality Department include hiring, assessment, education and training regarding best practices in the quality arena.
- Directs & provides on-going education and training to staff at all levels, including Medical Staff, to improve compliance and quality throughout the organization.
- Maintains current knowledge base on regulatory/accreditation requirements; monitors and communicates changes & provides guidance and support to leadership regarding adherence to regulatory & accreditation requirements.
- Collaborates with members of the leadership team to create and implement quality improvement plans; coordinates Performance Improvement projects hospital-wide; teaches PI concepts and monitors implementation.
- Conducts mock surveys and provides tools and techniques to improve patient safety and quality of care delivery.
- Provides recommended methodologies to capture, analyze and report data throughout the organization.
- Supervises all quality activities to ensure adherence with core measures, collecting, analyzing and managing data.
- Oversees on-site surveys; Ensures that surveyors receive all requested information; assists with investigations and root cause analyses
- Analyzes data for trends and communicates that information to those responsible for identifying and measuring targeted interventions designed to improve overall performance
- Background as a licensed caregiver (RN or MD) preferred.
- 5+ years of leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years in organizational clinical quality improvement and patient safety.
Certified Professional in Quality Healthcare preferred.