Under general direction with a high level of autonomy, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience, to have a positive impact on the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) and the firm through the development of the team, managing Junior Bankers, and execute and generate business for the department. Leads major projects, programs or processes with significant business impact involving cross-functional teams. Influences strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with substantial latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Extensive contact with Senior Management is required, to provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems or needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies financial analysis, business experience and market knowledge to initiate, and/or assess the likelihood of completing a corporate finance transaction.
- Communicates regulatory, financial information and complex strategic issues in a clear, concise and relevant manner to assist and guide decision-makers in corporate finance transactions.
- Applies commercial judgment in assessing economic risk and return when considering acceptance of corporate finance assignments.
- Conveys a genuine interest in and understanding of the client's business and industry and provides both broad and specific information and suggestions for improving the business.
- Brings together the most appropriate team to provide exceptional multifunctional and services to the client.
- Ensures that any professional, technical, or client service problem or request is resolved in a timely manner and by the appropriate people and resources.
- Oversees a team of analysts and senior associates and is responsible for executing transactions.
- Quarterbacks new initiatives as requested by Senior Management.
- Coordinates all the work of Analysts and interns.
- Supports and generates business development and client service activities.
- Attracts and retains quality bankers who will have a positive impact on the SBU and Raymond James (RJ).
- Originates new corporate finance ideas for clients and potential clients; develops a niche within the broader SBU.
- Produces factual and accurate information for presentation to clients.
- Executes M&A and financing transactions, financial modeling, industry and comparable company analysis.
- Trains and mentors analysts and associates performance potential.
- Reviews progress of assignments with senior management.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced investment concepts, practices and procedures used in the securities industry.
- Advanced concepts, principles and practices of Investment Banking.
- Financial markets and products.
- Advanced concepts, practices and procedures of Tax and Accounting.
- Preparing management reports.
- Establishing departmental objectives.
- Identifying trends and implementing appropriate action.
- Analyzing and interpreting financial statements.
- Analytical skills sufficient to assess and explain events in the market.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think independently sufficient to market ideas.
- Defining high standards of quality and evaluate products, services, and own performance against those standards.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software application to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels, including senior management.
- Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Plan, assign, monitor, review, evaluate and lead the work of others.
- Identify training needs and develop subordinates.
- Work independently, make non-routine decisions and resolve moderately complex accounting problems.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Attend to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Identify required tasks, develop timelines and execute.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiating resources.
- Project a positive, professional image both internal and with external business contacts.
- Convey information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or related field and a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
- FINRA Series 7 or 79 License.
- FINRA Series 63 or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm