Veterinary Technician Assistant
Pathway Vet Alliance
Village West Veterinary is hiring a Veterinary Assistant to join our amazing team!
At Village West we pride ourselves on offering a comfortable, friendly and respectful work environment. We invest in our technical support staff and offer professional growth and development options for all levels of technicians/assistants. Schedule includes evenings and rotating Saturdays. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with skill level and experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Reception Skills: Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and check-ins.
- Support the Client Service Representatives, Technicians, and Veterinarians.
- Reassure nervous clients that their pets will be well cared for.
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- 2 years of animal handling experience preferred
- Competency in collecting a patient’s history and vitals
- Superb client education skills on preventive care
- Possesses strong communication and customer service skills
- Intake and discharge of appointments and surgical patients
- Team player and willingness to cross train in all areas of a general practice
- Positive attitude and conflict resolution skills
- Works well on a team as well as independently
- Ability to work a full-time position, with weekend and evening hours