The TMHCC Cyber and Professional Lines Group is looking for a self-motivated, analytical, and relationship-focused underwriter to join their Cyber underwriting team in Chicago. An ideal candidate will possess a passion for methodical underwriting with the ability to evaluate risk, with a focus on customer service & business development.
This is a market-facing production underwriting role, on a close-knit team of highly motivated and productive individuals. You will be responsible for underwriting new and renewal business, as well as developing relationships with our key customers to achieve our team’s shared objectives. You will need to be able to work and collaborate as part of a regional team of underwriters yet, have ability to formulate an independent thought process and be solutions oriented. You should have a willingness to speak up and promote positive change, be goal driven, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
The qualities of our ideal candidate:
- Independent and self-motivated
- Articulate and analytical
- Detail oriented and outcome focused
- Creative solution driven problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative team player
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage/prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Production – Achieve your individual premium and productions targets which include:
- Management and underwriting of your renewal book, achieving a target renewal retention ratio and servicing your renewals throughout the year.
- New business premium goals, quote and workflow management targets.
- Marketing & Relationship Development – In this role you will be responsible for marketing our products and to proactively foster and develop positive relationships with key customers.
- Profitability and Compliance – Profitability is a pillar in our corporate objectives, we strongly believe that you will develop a profitable book of business if you are disciplined and consciously operate within your granted underwriting authority, within the parameters of the underwriting guidelines, and follow direction given by compliance.
- Collaboration/Teamwork – As a team we work together to achieve our collective goals, this requires collaborating with your peers on our team and within other aligned business units including Claims, Product Development, Accounting and Operations.
- Underwriting Expertise –We want you to continually develop your underwriting expertise which will be achieved through conscious learning on the job and with support from us. This is an objective that adds value to our team, but it is also important for your personal development.
Experience & Education
- 4-year BA/BS
- 1-3 years of relevant and progressive cyber and professional liability experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products
- While future travel expectations are uncertain at the moment, it’s possible you may travel up to 10% of the time both locally and out of state.
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.