The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York's Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG's NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England's preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
The Porter- Chicago will be responsible for:
- Cleaning and maintaining the interior and exterior of the Chicago Theatre (i.e. all theatre levels, lobby, dressing rooms, restrooms, etc).
- Will sanitize and clean restroom facilities during and after shows (stock lavatories, wash walls, floors and disinfect restrooms).
- Buff and wax floors to maintain overall cleanliness and appearance of theatre.
- Sweep, mop, and remove trash from facility, offices and backstage areas.
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets in theatre and remove trash left by guests.
- Assist in special projects as assigned including change marquee lettering outside building.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Current or prior maintenance/sanitary experience in a building, arena or outdoor environment.
- Must be motivated, deadline orientated with the ability to work independently to meet show schedule and load in/load out process.
- Must be able to carry 10-pound back-pack vacuum to clean theatre, isles, seats, and stairs.
- Must have a flexible schedule to work various shifts (evenings, overnight, weekends) to support the Custodial Services department needs.
At MSG we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! MSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, MSG complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in all locations.