About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As the Technical Security Project Manager/Trainer, you will be responsible for the safety and security of GTI employees in retail locations and cultivation centers across multiple states. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the Security Manager in overseeing and implementing security and surveillance technology in collaboration with various internal teams and external vendors. Regulations vary from state to state, and you will be responsible for familiarizing yourself and complying with security regulations in every state where we operate. This is a hands-on role, and you will be expected to travel to our various locations to complete installations, as well as to educate field employees on system use and security protocol.
- Assist in the planning and installation of security systems in collaboration with the technology, retail and cultivation teams in compliance with all state regulations
- Communicate expectations and project details with external vendors
- Communicate project details at regular intervals with internal stakeholders
- Research and comply with evolving state-by-state regulations regarding security protocol for each of our dispensaries and cultivation centers
- Assist in ensuring all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Assist in the day to day administration of the various Surveillance, security and access control systems
- Report and escalate issues with Projects or vendors to the Security Manager
- Handle telephone contact with all levels of internal and external management and employees with a high level of customer service
- Train employees on Security SOPs
- Train Employees on Security Systems
- Conduct site audits and compliance checks
- 2-4 years of direct experience in a field support or training function required.
- Knowledgeable about relevant security hardware and systems, including surveillance equipment, alarm systems, access control systems etc.
- Familiar with VMS administration and configuration
- Familiar with Network Solutions
- Vendor-management experience required
- Skilled in project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required
- Strong relationship building skills, with both internal stakeholders and external partners
- Must be available to travel (50%)
- Strong communicator, able to teach security protocol to GTI employees in the field
- To be successful at GTI you must be:
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapt and thrive in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possess a high level of critical thinking
- Operate with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds, may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.