Upwork ($UPWK) is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Upwork is voted #1 place to work in Chicago! 2019
The Enterprise Talent Solutions team at Upwork is helping craft the future of work and we are looking for a dedicated recruiting partner to help grow the talent pools of some of our largest clients. As Talent Manager at Upwork, you will be partnering with Talent Solutions management to grow and evolve the talent base for our Fortune 500 customers. Come join a collaborative, dynamic team that helps grow the business with our colleagues and embodies the company's mission and values.
- Build relationships with and create communities of top Web, Mobile and Software Development talent, evaluating their profiles and skills, and enabling their success on Upwork
- Become the Web, Mobile and Software Development talent subject matter expert at Upwork, and share your expertise with Enterprise clients to build and fill jobs
- Track multiple recruiting cases at a time and actively provide partners with timely updates
- Ensure that SLAs are met and that delivery expectations and deadlines are reasonably set
- Contribute to a holistic, scalable, and effective talent acquisition and retention strategy
- Source diverse talent through a variety of different outlets and approaches
- Collaborate to discuss bottlenecks, brainstorm solutions, and provide updates on current open requisitions
- Partner with other members of your team to gather hard-to-find talent and pursue challenging requests
- Act as a positive and dedicated partner across your team - we share information and collaborate together to ensure an engaging culture
- Evangelize Upwork’s values and benefits to your applicants and make them excited about working on our site and passionate about our mission
- Provide weekly pipeline and talent funnel updates to hiring managers
How to Catch Our Eye:
- 2+ years full cycle recruiting experience working in a dynamic environment with a high bar for talent
- 2+ years recruiting for Web, Mobile and Software Development roles, a robust understanding of the skills involved and knowledge of the jargon!
- Experience working with Fortune 500 Clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Really Knock Our Socks Off:
- You have experience in the Web, Mobile and Software Development field either via an agency or corporate role
- Have a passion for recruiting and changing the way the world works
- Have an excellent collaborative abilities across multi-functional teams and a proven record of influencing all levels of the organization
- You have high-level attention to detail
- You capitalize on the insights you’ve gained from the data we collect throughout our processes to evolve your approach over time
- You have expertise in one or more applicant tracking systems
- You have strong process analysis of both small and big picture initiatives
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.