Supplier Management Analyst (CHICAGO, IL, US, 60603-4013)
Grainger is North America's leading distributor of maintenance, repair, and operating products and services. Our wide assortment, deep expertise, innovative technology solutions and unparalleled customer service keep customers' operations running and their people safe.
We're looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way at Grainger.
You will support coordination and communication with all internal stakeholders for any supplier related issues and leading all vendor negotiations / performance discussions on a periodic (monthly/quarterly) schedule. You will also work with the procurement enablement team to promote outstanding procurement process standards. You will support the Supplier Manager to achieve cost of goods sold goals across multiple product categories which range from $50M in COGS to $200M in COGS.
You will report to the Manager, Analytics & Operations.
- Ensure Grainger has the best product assortment for our customers at the best cost
- Provide analytical support for supplier negotiations
- Evaluate national brand supplier transaction performance
- Update contracts and establish new supplier agreement letters (SAL)
- Kick-off product life cycle activities (discontinuations, new item adds, etc.)
- Coordinate with supplier to support cross functional needs (enhanced content, product information requests, etc.)
- Procure national brand products based on plan
- Manage national brand product purchasing process
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ years experience working knowledge of Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Cost Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 1+ year data analytics experience, using data to tell a story
- Understanding of customer requirements, supply management-marketing strategy, and demand generation fulfillment process
- Ability to create and demonstrate results
- Experience with suppliers & customers
- Change Management skills
- Understanding of company financials (sales, Cost of Goods Sold, profit margins, unit sales, etc.) and the ability to analyze this information to identify areas of opportunity
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members' individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
- Generous paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical and social wellbeing programs
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.