Spirit Airlines is a high growth airline expanding our footprint in 15+ countries. We make it possible for our Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before. Our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth!
Imagine being a Team Member in an organization introducing 100's of new aircraft that will double our fleet while scaling the organization's people, process, and technology infrastructure. Investing in a Rock Star like you will not only make an immediate impact on the business but help us continue building a bench of future leadership. Our Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
Be part of our Transformation Journey!
- Team-driven: Your leaders will be right beside you to mentor, share ideas, and collaborate. Peers and leaders are valuable contributors.
- The Sky is No Limit: Our constant growth means boundless career opportunities. There is no limit to how fast and how far you can grow within this organization.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work.
- Competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits
- Agile career paths and accelerated career advancement
- Travel & flight benefits for you and your family
About this Job
Lead, provide guidance and resources to Lead Mechanics to ensure maintenance is performed in a safe, efficiently and timely. The position is dynamic requiring an experienced and innovative Supervisor with a passion for producing high quality commercial aircraft maintenance.
- Plans and directs maintenance operations needed to produce a cost effective, reliable maintenance operation.
- Coordinates budget development and expenditures
- Coordinates MX activities with Maintenance Control, Planning and personnel.
- Completes required management reports.
- Trains, mentors and disciplines subordinates per company policy, and ensures maintenance meets FAA and company standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as may be necessary.
- Must be able to quickly analyse and improve line maintenance work flow.
- Must be able to effectively present ideas to the Manager - Aircraft Maintenance
- Must be able to communicate effectively with subordinates, peers and vendors.
- Must demonstrate the ability to use and adapt to standard MS computer software and various.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- A&P License required. FCC desirable.
- Valid state driver's license and Passport.
- MUST be willing to travel for AOG A/C.
- 5-10 years commercial aircraft maintenance experience
- 2 or more year's supervisory experience at a regional or above airline
- Experienced and current on FAA certification of parts and material
- 2-3 years of hands on leadership with the A320 Family of aircraft preferred
- Airbus Aircraft (A319, A320, A321) preferred.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel or similar programs.
- Ability to work multiple tasks while under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret Maintenance Manual, Illustrated Parts Catalogue, Structural Repair and Wiring Diagrams System Schematics, and use ATA codes.
- Must have proven record of experience supervising multiple gate operations, coordinating maintenance activities with maintenance control and down line stations, and develop subordinate technical skills
- Work flexible hours, shifts and days off.
- Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it. *
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our Team Members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.