Do you think of your pet as a member of the family? If so, then we have a lot in common! Like you, we are extremely devoted to our pets and only want the best for them. We are a community of true pet lovers with shared interests and values. We are professionally committed to being your resource for all aspects of pet ownership including health and nutrition, training, grooming and the latest in general pet care. Our dog trainers combine their knowledge of command based training and behavioral development in order to facilitate an everlasting bond of unconditional love between pet and pet parent. As a Supervisor, you make a difference in the lives of pets by delivering exceptional service to our pet parents, acting as a steward of the store’s environment, achieving positive business results and performing operational functions.
Here is what a day in the life of a Supervisor would look like:
- Provide guests with an exceptional experience
- Assist the Store Manager in overall management of store operations
- Share product knowledge and suggestions to fit customer needs and promote pet health
- Perform front end duties such as handling the cash register, bagging, replenishing merchandise, and preparing displays
- Organize and maintain a clean store front and stock room
- Assist with other projects as needed including markdowns, re-tickets, labeling products, and special store events
- All other assigned duties from the Store Manager and/or any member of the Retail Management Team
We will teach you a lot but what we need you to already have:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Passion for extraordinary customer service and the well-being of pets. Willingness to be educated about the products and services offered.
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales targets.
- Excellent communication skills-both verbal and written.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Position requires person to be both indoors and outdoors
- Majority of day is spent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of animals including small and large dogs
- Must be able to work around pet hair and dander
- Communicate with proper spelling and grammar via email/ text
- Communicate with clients in a friendly, upbeat manner
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly be able to talk and hear
IPP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. IPP recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.