Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who we are
The Strategy Team supports development and delivery of long-term and annual priorities for Trunk Club. We support leadership in strategic planning and are responsible for utilizing structured problem solving and analytics to influence major decisions and drive profitable growth. In doing so, we work with teams such as marketing, merchandising, sales, operations, and technology to initiate, test, measure, and scale strategic priorities.
We’re a part of the broader Finance Team - which supports all teams within Trunk Club, guiding decision making on cross functional projects and initiatives by providing technical expertise as well as financial and strategic analysis. We're a small, collaborative, hard-working team that thrives in the fast-paced environment of Trunk Club.
What you’ll do
- Lend structure to ambiguous project ideas and manage project inputs simultaneously from start to finish in a rapidly changing environment
- Use quantitative analysis to steer prioritization of projects within broader context of the long-term strategy and vision of strategic priorities
- Develop compelling insights through creation and maintenance of complex models
- Work autonomously through analytical challenges
- Summarize results and develop recommendations to share with leadership and functional partners
- Build credibility with business partners and leadership to gain support for analysis and recommendations
- Proactively identify opportunities for analysis or strategic support across the organization
What your background may look like
- Strong interest in retail and understanding of industry dynamics
- Strong project management, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work under firm deadlines and within a rapidly changing environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong business acumen with the ability to effectively and creatively problem solve
- Retail or consumer goods experience a plus
- 1-3 years of analyst experience in management consulting or corporate strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or other quantitative discipline
How we work
- With others. Work closely across all functions including Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Sales, and Marketing to support decision making.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. This is a critical role for us, so flexibility is important. No two days are the same and it keeps everyone on their toes.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A few of our perks
- A location in the popular Chicago River North neighborhood
- Trunk Club University - our growth program which allows for development opportunities
- Team outings
- Merchandise discount
- Flexible work environment
- Social environment with built-in bars, a rooftop view, and our very own coffee shop!