The Senior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining accurate accounts receivable and general ledger information. He/she will prepare journal entries consistent with GAAP. Works closely with the Assistant Director of Accounting and Finance to maintain an accurate General Ledger and timely financial reporting.
- Prepare journal entries to record all deposits which include: state payments, client self-pay, cafe, resale shop, donations, client rents, parking lot income, client assistance funds, etc.
- Obtain information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up to date.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Conduct month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes to verify all entries have been created, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and cohesiveness of information
- Prepare bank account reconciliations on a monthly basis, and prepare any necessary journal entries.
- Review and reconcile the general ledger, identifying and thoroughly investigating any discrepancies and taking the proper corrective actions to resolve them
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets schedules
- Perform monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Assist external auditors in reviewing processes and workflow by providing reports and supporting documentation, and by contributing personal knowledge and analysis.
- Create and update departmental policies, procedures, and manuals as directed.
- Provide ongoing support to employees with corporate credit cards and help with any reporting questions and issues. Collaborate with employees to reconcile credit card statements ensuring appropriate receipts and descriptions are provided for expenses.
- Perform other related duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination and booster by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other closely related field required.
- Minimum 3-7 years related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding of Microsoft applications.
- Experience with Excel and MIP (general ledger system) strongly preferred
- Ability to solve practical problems and adapt accordingly to situations.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers