The Lake View YMCA is hiring for a Site Team Lead for it's afterschool programs!
The Site Team Lead ensures the implementation of positive youth development practices with all daily activities and interactions with children. The Site Team Lead is responsible for ensuring program quality including assisting in implementing curriculum, providing leadership and guidance to staff and overseeing the ordering and distribution of snacks, materials and all supplies needed to operate the program. They will also provide direct service, when necessary, to execute the program.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Implements program curriculum with school-aged program staff while ensuring the program follows YMCA standards.
- Provides guidance to staff while onsite in adhering to program quality standards.
- Facilitates collaboration with and between program staff including assisting in planning and leading program staff meetings.
- Enhances parent/guardian/caregiver engagement and ensures that the program meets expectations for quality
- Collaborates with teachers, principals and other staff at local schools to align and execute program activities and ensure program success.
- Maintains and audits all program files according to DCFS and YMCA Standards.
- Assists in development and execution of special events and seasonal school-aged programs, such as Day Camp, for members and program participants.
- Participates in program marketing and retention activities.
- Fills in for other staff as needed.
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the YMCA's commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
- Must be at least 21 years of age and/or 5 years older than the oldest child that participates in the program and meet program requirements for education and/or credentials.
- Previous experience in a childcare or education setting supporting high-quality programs.
- Must have capacity to make effective decisions and communicate well with team. parents and children
- Preferred candidates will have an Associate's degree in child development or early childhood education or the equivalent in child development, early childhood education or early childhood special education.