At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we’re focused on what matters: creating insurance products that perform, delivering a seamless customer experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great to work with every time. Delaware Life is a member of Group One Thousand One (Group1001), an ecosystem of businesses making insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We’ve made it our mission to deliver pure value to our customers.
Group 1001, and its affiliated companies, is strongly committed to providing a supportive work environment where employee differences are valued. Diversity is an essential ingredient in making Group 1001 a welcoming place to work and is fundamental in building a high-performance team. Diversity embodies all the differences that make us unique individuals. All employees share the responsibility for maintaining a workplace culture of dignity, respect, understanding and appreciation of individual and group differences.Job Summary:
The main focus of this role will be in communicating about variable and fixed index annuities by translating complicated product information into easy-to-understand graphs, charts, and illustrations that will enhance market understanding. In this role you’ll work with product marketing and other business areas to fully understand variable and fixed index annuity products and riders, investment options, distribution channels, target markets, and sales drivers. You will write and project manage product marketing deliverables critical to supporting our wholesaling force and financial professionals.
- Contribute to strategic marketing approach.
- Conceptualize and draft variable and fixed index annuity marketing brochures, sales campaigns, sales ideas, emails, website copy, PowerPoint presentations, and digital deliverables (including social media posts) to support the launch, promotion, and ongoing sale of Delaware Life’s variable and fixed index annuity and income solution products.
- Translate complex financial products and concepts into simple, benefit-oriented copy that communicates the products’ benefits without use of legalese or jargon.
- Adhere to brand standards and style guidelines.
- Work with design team to ensure that copy and design work well together.
- Write annuity articles (for newsletters and publications), whitepapers on advanced annuity concepts, and client educational pieces. Write/edit press releases as needed.
- Be a self-starter who is able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment as well as a heavily regulated compliance and legal environment.
- Manage projects through the development from concept to completion—including the review processes, proofing, and production.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Series 6 required (or obtained within the first 6 months of hire)
- Annuity product knowledge and expertise in the specifics of living benefits, death benefits, and investment options
- Experience with writing about variable and fixed index annuities with at least 7 years of experience in financial services communications
- Exceptional writing skills and conceptual skills; writing samples will be requested
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Microsoft Office—including Word and Excel (for chart building)
- Organizational skills for project management and management of workload
- Digital proficiency preferred (understanding of social media and marketing analytics is a plus)