Data has changed the world — and we’re changing how data is analyzed, presented, and consumed.
GoodData is a cloud-based business intelligence platform revolutionizing the way in which companies provide analytics to their customers and partners. Integrating seamlessly into workflows and products, GoodData allows clients to provide custom data and analytics to anyone in their ecosystem. We take the value of data seriously, so our systems and platforms maintain the highest standards for security — without compromising on performance.
Join the GoodData team to help bring data-driven decision making to everyone, enabling others to work smarter, faster and more effectively.
About The Role & Team
GoodData is the most efficient way for developers to add data analytics to their app. Our goal is to become the default analytics choice for everyone, from a single developer prototyping a new product to the largest tech companies with millions of users. We’re looking for an experienced, creative, and collaborative developer marketer. Technical tutorials, how-tos, courses, knowledge base articles, product demos – your goal will be to take ownership over building great technical content.
GoodData’s PMM team supports our developer community to continue to learn and grow professionally. For us, learning is the courage to admit we are not complete yet. In this sense, our team and our mission to grow and educate the developer community is never complete. Our team and this role will evolve and change to help better define and amplify the GoodData developer story.
This role is best suited for someone who has 5+ years of work experience, mainly as a developer, developer advocate, or technical product marketer. If you know what motivates developers, if you have an understanding of software development practices and APIs, if you love to transform complex technical concepts into tangible, respectable stories – this role is for you. Our team is located in San Francisco Bay Area and we are open to remote candidates.
- Work on writing, editing, and developing content that motivates developers to build on top of GoodData, from code snippets to tutorials to opinion articles.
- Develop a community program that engages GoodData users and prospects to participate. Leverage our own communities (Slack, web forum, live events), social channels, and influencers to drive developer engagement.
- Define developer target segments, map the developer journey, communicate value propositions.
- Work closely with Product Management, Professional Services, Engineering, and other teams to support developer use cases and promote empathy for this audience.
- Manage existing developer funnel and look for opportunities to deepen engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in technical product marketing, preferably working with data technologies and developer communities.
- Experience with key channels and communities relevant to developers.
- Versed in SQL, a scripting language, and on the command line.
- Excel at explaining and simplifying complex concepts in messaging and differentiated positioning.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Serious attention to detail.
- Focused on customers. You love working with developers.
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No relocation assistance is offered for this opportunity at this time, and local candidates will be given priority consideration.
Agency Recruiters Take Note: Please do not spam us with unsolicited candidate resumes. Unless you have a fully executed agreement with us, we will consider them a gift. Do not send resumes to any of the executives.