Senior Structural Engineer -- Power Focused
Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services—from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance—with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities
SLC works on behalf of clients to support utility-scale solar, wind, battery energy storage, thermal power, and other power and infrastructure projects. We evaluate and optimize technical, commercial, environmental, social responsibility, and financial aspects of the projects for a variety of clients.
This position will require you to perform structural engineering reviews and analyses in order to understand power projects and distill technical expertise into actionable information that project stakeholders rely on to prudently develop, design, construct, operate, and finance renewable energy projects being built in the United States and overseas. You will work with multi-discipline project teams to provide a variety of services, such as the following:
- Perform structural engineering reviews
- Prepare structural engineering specifications
- Advise power project developers to support new utility-scale solar, wind, battery energy storage, thermal, and other projects;
- Evaluate new power and infrastructure projects independently to support financing
- Develop planning studies and business cases for utilities, power producers, and government agencies.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in civil/structural engineering. A Master’s degree in civil/structural engineering or business (e.g., MBA) discipline is a plus.
Although not required, experience working on power or transmission projects is desirable. Applicants are encouraged to please highlight, as applicable, relevant experience pertaining to the following:
- Structural engineering analyses
- Specification preparation
- Finite element modeling capabilities
- Technical evaluation report writing
- Multi-discipline teamwork (i.e. design projects, co-ops)
- Data analysis and visualization
- Project finance or business acumen
- Conceptual project design
- Construction project management and/or scheduling software knowledge
Also important are:
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others
- Project planning, leadership, and organizational skills
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.