What's the role?
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL.
About the job:
HERE's Highly Automated Driving (HAD) division is responsible for building and maintaining an accurate, up-to-date map for self-driving cars using sensor data from a variety of sources. As part of HAD's Publication team, you will work on a scrum team of energetic and dedicated engineers to develop large scale, distributed processes to construct an HD Map used by autonomous vehicles to localize themselves and better understand the road ahead.
Our collaborative environment offers a good work-life balance, challenging tasks focused on parallel processing of large data sets, and a modern code base written in Scala and Spark that runs on AWS. As a scrum team member, responsibilities span the entire software development process, and include:
- Developing code following TDD best practices
- Peer reviewing and testing code changes by other team members
- Identifying, investigating, analyzing, and correcting software defects
- Gathering requirements and designing software components
- Contributing to process improvements
- Maintaining build, CI/CD tools
Who are you?
An ideal candidate is a quick learner, with an eye for detail, strong problem-solving and debugging skills, and all the following:
- 5+ years' professional software experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience writing Scala, Java 8+, or similar languages, with unit tests
- Familiarity with both object-oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Solid understanding of data structures and time complexity
- Strong and articulate communication skills, both oral and written, in English
Although candidates are expected to learn a lot of domain knowledge on the job, prior experience with any of the following is a bonus:
- Big data processing using Apache Spark/Flink
- 3D/geographic coordinate systems and transformations
- Container technologies such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- Cloud computing environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Distributed source control systems, particularly Git (with Gerrit)
- Continuous integration with Jenkins or similar
- Build configuration using SBT
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.