Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a “small company“ culture where your ideas will be heard with “big company“ expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.Learn more at www.gaig.com/careersWe are currently looking for an Underwriter to work on Product Recall accounts for our Great American Risk Solutions Division who will have responsibility for risk selection / rejection, pricing, retention, growth and profitability per the divisional goals.
- Has responsibility for risk selection / rejection, pricing, retention, growth and profitability of the book of business that they will be handling per divisional objectives.
- Uses independent judgment and initiative to support business goals.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Analyzes coverage and limit requests and decides what terms to offer.
- Prices business to ensure profitability.
- Ensures that appropriate reports are used to manage book of business.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with internal and external customers / coworkers including Reinsurers, Actuary, Marketing, IT and Claims
- Coordinates claims and underwriting for accounts within authority.
- Plans and implements goals, strategies, and operating & process methodologies for the unit.
- Visits MGA and brokers in order to retain existing accounts, build and maintain business relationships and develop new opportunities in support of divisional objectives.
- Applies underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules and insurance laws and regulations.
- May Provides guidance and assistance to other team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or 3 to 6 years of commercial underwriting experience or equivalent work experience. Excess and Surplus Lines experience is a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills to build and leverage excellent customer relationships and to successfully market products and services.
- Must have strong hands-on experience with various computer systems including rating systems, MS Word and Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Completion of or progression toward Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation is a plus.