PMA Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
• Software Engineer
Job Code:2019-TECH-004R1 Location:Chicago Department:Information Technology
PMA Consultants is a nationwide construction management consulting firm consistently achieving top rankings in Engineering News-Record (ENR). With a portfolio of projects that span the globe, we specialize in project and program management. We are recognized for our leadership and subject matter expertise across a variety of industries and for helping deliver successful projects. At PMA Technologies (a subsidiary of PMA Consultants), we develop cutting-edge project management software products.
In this new role, you will be joining a small team of self-organizing product managers, designers, and engineers to develop commercial software applications with many innovative features/algorithms. You will therefore be having direct, immediate impact on consumer-facing products.
You will be expected to identify and select optimal tools for the job, as well as architect, design, implement, test, and debug commercial product features. You will also be expected to deliver reliable results, and be a champion of your work as well as the overall product quality, performance, and success.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, engineering, math, or related field; a graduate degree is a plus
- Must have 5 or more years' experience writing code on professional software development teams, with 2 or more years' experience writing C++, MFC, and XML for commercial, interactive/GUI-based applications
- Must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with version control and automated testing
- Must be detail-oriented, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, have a positive attitude, and be motivated to learn
- Helpful: experience with programming for MS Office applications (e.g. Excel); client/server, database, API, and web development; or working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Helpful: Knowledge of project planning and scheduling processes/tools (e.g. Microsoft Project), project management or the construction industry, WebAssembly, WebSockets, or machine learning
PMA offers competitive wages and comprehensive benefits, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, time off with pay, 401(k) with company match, life, disability, and professional development reimbursement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
EOE, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
VEVRAA federal contractor.