Scientific Games is dedicated to being the industry's only global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
Our products continue to grow from proven successful brands. Scientific Games' compelling content and proprietary solutions engage players and empower customers because of our use of cutting-edge technology, products, and content including
- Electronic gaming machines for commercial and tribal casinos, video lottery, central determination, licensed betting office, arcade and bingo markets
- An extensive library of proprietary and licensed brand game content, that includes some of the hottest entertainment brands, designed to maximize player enjoyment and operator's return on investment
- Innovative electronic table games, card shufflers, chip sorters, multi-terminal and multi-game configurations linked to virtual, hybrid and live games
At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Join us and let's make games!
- Create exemplary art in regards to character design, color theory, layout, text treatment, and animation ability.
- Continually sharpen artistic abilities through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
- Continually sharpen software expertise through company training, independent learning, and learning from other team members.
- Work closely with Senior Artists and the Lead Artist, producing high-quality art in an iterative process.
- Demonstrate excellent file structure and organization
- Create art assets and document all art assets created with minimal mistakes.
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times, accepting critique from the Lead Artist, Game Designer, and other team members.
- Mentor junior artists within the studio as well as throughout game development.
- Be prepared to assist with scheduling when necessary.
- Develop the ability to represent studio and/or Lead Artist when necessary.
Education: Bachelor of Arts in art/animation or equivalent experience
Required Experience: Minimum of 5 years previous experience as an Artist in a production environment.
- Excellent drawing and rendering abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, Illustrator
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of Illustrator, Studio Max or other 3D platform
- Ability to self-manage time with a reasonable degree of accountability and minimal instruction
- Understand how to design art for various themes and platforms
- Display a high proficiency in Photoshop, After Effects, and Flash and expert proficiency in at least one or more art software application.
All applicants MUST provide the following in the event of an interview:
- Portfolio (website or blog required for pre-interview)
- Samples of sketch work (sketchbook or loose-leaf)
- Layered working Photoshop, Flash, After Effects, and Studio Max files as appropriate to the position
- Animation samples if animation is core ability (AVI, Quicktime, or website)
- Please provide all links or DVD upon application
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG“) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you'd like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.