Senior Financial Analyst Job in Chicago, IL
Our client is a $10bill+ Fortune 500 publicly traded manufacturing company that has been rapidly growing through acquisitions and now has 88 entities throughout the world. This client is looking to fill the role of a Senior Financial Analyst job. The ideal candidate for this role will have three to five years of accounting experience. This position will get a lot of cross-functional exposure and will support the ongoing growth and supplement the strong finance organization to become a leader within the accounting and finance function. This company is offering a competitive compensation and benefit package paying up to $85,000 plus performance bonus.
Senior Financial Analyst Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Perform a variety of corporate accounting functions and tasks, including preparation of journal entries, consolidations, account reconciliations, and financial statement preparation
- Perform monthly variance analysis on consolidated interest expense and other income and expense activity such as FX transactions, impact of FX hedge instruments, etc.
- Responsible for monthly funding and borrowing entries related to various corporate entities
- Work directly with tax, treasury and corporate accounting team as needed to book entries related to business acquisitions
- Responsible for monthly entries related to cross currency hedges, including detailed roll forward schedules and quarterly disclosures
- Work directly with the Financial Planning & Analysis Director and Treasury group to prepare the corporate interest budget each year; assist with quarterly forecasting as needed
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent); CPA Preferred
- 3-5+ years relevant experience
- Strong Understanding in debt and interest accounting across multiple currency
- Through understanding and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- A self-starter with ability to work independently with minimum supervision to resolve moderate to complex problems
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with various levels of management
If you are interested in the Senior Financial Analyst job in the Greater Chicago area or other available opportunities through Parker and Lynch then click “apply” below or email your resume direct to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to learn more.