Job ID: KP-1037172
As the healthcare industry continues to rapidly transform, our IT team conceives, develops and delivers impactful technology solutions to support access to quality, affordable healthcare for our members. We are driven by our collective company purpose: To do everything in our power to stand with our members in sickness and in health®. Our IT team unleashes the power of this purpose through technology. We come to work every day to make a difference, and we deliver the highest quality and best solutions to our members.
This position is responsible for crafting compelling user experiences across a spectrum of internal and public tools, in partnership with business stakeholders and IT; knowledgeable in design thinking, human-centered design, user research, UX content, visual design, UX/interaction design, and front-end development
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree and 3 years of experience OR 6 year of experience in delivering content architecture in a user experience/design environment
- Experience presenting case studies of content architecture/strategy
- Experience establishing new metrics for user experience
- Experience with user experience, HCI, or interaction design
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Regular engagement in continuing education, committee work or meet-ups. (AIGA, Creative Mornings or similar)
- Formal education in journalism, marketing, HCI, UX, Fine Arts, Visual Communication, or a related degree from an accredited institution
- 2-3 years of user experience, HCI, or interaction design experience across a variety of industries and challenges. Digital and physical preferred, print is respected
- Ability to work in Agile
- Champion empathy for the user in alignment with business drivers
- Deliver value to the business through well-crafted and timely work
- Knowledge of best practices and share with your teammates.
- Evangelize design best practices within the organization
- Foster a culture of open feedback
- Learn from everyone, no matter what their title is
- Work independently as well as collaborate on a cross-functional team
- Communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders
- Welcome design critique and consistently iterate based on feedback
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Information Technology Job Type Full-Time Regular Location IL - Chicago