Security Shift Supervisor - Chicago Loop - Afternoon Shift
Titan Security is currently recruiting for Security Shift Supervisor to work at a Commercial High Rise located in Chicago Loop area.
Started in 1977, Titan Security is one of the largest privately-held security services providers in the Chicagoland area and we are growing! Join a leading company in one of the fastest growing industries.
Security Shift Supervisor responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the day to day operations of an assigned Client site on assigned shift.
- Report directly to Site Supervisor and/or Titan Management.
- Manage a team of security officers, including participating in hiring /selection, scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, development and support.
- Ensure the Client Site is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
- Build, improve, and maintain effective relationships with both client and employees.
- Coordinate necessary support services to effectively manage client site to meet or exceed financial and operational goals and provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure all required reporting and contract compliance requirements are met.
- Handle all escalated security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Develop staff in both technical and professional skills through performance management (coaching, counseling, disciplining, recognition, etc.).
- Provide the basis of a great work environment by treating staff with respect.
- Assure that employee grievances are heard and resolved (with assistance from the Titan Management, as required).
- Effectively and accurately post all pertinent notices and communications to staff.
- Coordinate and/or conduct site-specific "on the job training", client-specific training and annual refresher training for staff by adhering to Titan's training standards.
- Reconcile logs, shift responsibilities and patrols; review incident reports prior to submitting to client and coordinate preliminary investigations.
- Develop/maintain operational procedures and post orders that are always available for emergency reference by staff.
- Take a proactive role in communicating with client and meeting their needs: meet with regularly, listen to issues, and provide security and technical expertise and solutions. Ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Train and qualify to work assigned post. Understands the specific and general post instructions for that assigned post. Maintain practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
- Maintain access control procedures set by building management.
- Effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management systems and CCTV systems as needed.
- Identify all tenants and/or visitors upon arrival.
- Ensure visitors and vendors are properly signed in prior to accessing the building.
- Observe departing personnel to guard against theft of tenant or building property.
- Monitor security cameras that are within the facility.
- Respond to incidents including property emergencies.
- Conduct general patrols of the entire property during various hours, if required, including numerous flights of stairs and frequent patrols of the exterior in any weather conditions.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
- Assist tenants and visitors with directions and general business information.
- Clearly and accurately record data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of equipment, to building and Titan management.
- Maintain clear, accurate logs pertaining to people or property including packages.
- Provide excellent Customer Service to all parties encountered while on duty.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3 years prior satisfactory employment as a security officer or directly related experience. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Valid PERC, driver's license as applicable.
Language Skills: Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Bi-lingual considered a plus.
Other Qualifications: Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. Must maintain a working telephone number though which we can contact you.
Physical Demands:The physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. A list of these job duties is inclusive of, but not limited to: candidates must be able to stand for extended periods of time; be able to lift, push, and/or pull at least 50 lbs.; be able to accommodate foot patrols on the interior & exterior of the assigned facility; be able to perform assigned duties regardless of inclement weather.
Salary & Benefits: Compensation is between $14.50 and $15.00 per hour based on experience, plus paid time off, medical insurance, dental insurance, paid holidays, and pension/retirement benefits. Skills-enhancing training and opportunities for career growth and promotion.