Title: Sales Team Lead
Reports to: Director of Sales – Specialty Format
Manage all aspects of the assigned accounts within the Retail Shared Services relationships. Develop and implement strategic growth programs and introduce new products. Develop and enrich customer relationships. Manage allotted budget within assigned parameters.
This position involves selling the full portfolio of Leading National Brands including Rain-X, Permatex, Slime, Black Magic, Fix-a-Flat, Fast Orange, Spray Nine and more to the assigned accounts within the ITW Automotive Aftermarket Group's Divisions: Car Care, Global Tire Repair and Engine Repair.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and develop customer relationship; Main point of contact to director and other departments on customer strategy.
- Responsible for Customers' product, price and brand strategy.
- Manage Independent Rep Agencies.
- Assist with product innovation & drive cost changes.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to profitably grow all assigned brands with a focus aligned with each Division.
- Implement Strategic Sales Plans for the Top “80“ Accounts.
- Be an expert for the assigned accounts' systems to collect data to analyze sales trends, manage forecasts and identify opportunities.
- Coordinate and manage promotions and off-shelf displays to effectively optimize sales growth.
- Manage account trade shows and attend for the “80“ accounts.
- Evaluate competitive products, pricing, promotions and sales strategies.
- Interface with CPFR, Demand Planners, Customer Service and Supply Chain and to ensure inventory forecasts are in place for retail accounts.
- Collaborate with Division Marketing and Brand Management and RSS Marcom Teams on product pricing, promotions, advertising, and new product introductions.
- Assist in the development of targeted national and regional media campaigns and promotions.
- Control annual assigned promotional budget.
- Effectively manage direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university required.
- 4 to 5 years of previous sales experience.
- Experience in multi-level selling and large deal negotiations preferred.
- Strong customer focus, negotiation, decision-making and influencing skills.
- Proficiency in computer business programs – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and team environment is essential.
- Valid driver's license.
- 50% travel time.
- Strategic Planning
- Drive for results
- Strong embrace & use of ITW Toolbox
- Influence and leadership
- Negotiation skills
- Business Perspective
- Selecting, developing and accepting people
- Leading change
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions as assigned.