Regional Sales Manager - Retail
Regional Sales Manager - Retail
The Company is seeking ambitions, high-energy individual to serve as the Mid-Western Regional Sales Manager for the Retail Division. This individual should be experienced in the retail food industry specifically with CPG Companies. The Mid-Western Regional Sales Manager should be knowledgeable with the Mid-Western Regional Retail Chains and distribution systems in both the traditional retail channel as well as the natural segment of the retail business.
The Company is a family owned business and prides themselves on the quality of their products, technical experience and long-term relationship with some of the largest customers in the industry. The Mid-Western Regional Sales Manager-Retail should be persuasive and action-oriented with a history of delivering results; this individual should be both strategic and influential.
The Mid-Western Regional Sales Manager-Retail should possess the entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to develop new business through existing and new customer relationships. This individual should be a role model for company culture who is dedicated to the customer and to upholding the integrity of The Company. The Mid-Western Regional Sales Manager-Retail must work well in a self-driven, autonomous environment where capable individuals are often expected to work and lead.
The primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining business with both retail chains and distributors and have total and primary responsibility for current retail chain headquarter calls.
- Management of existing broker network
- Hiring brokers when supported by new business and growth
- Leading the development of a strategic business plan targeted around high growth initiatives including: customers, channels and products.
- Coordinate and communicate with General Manager of Sales on an ongoing basis.
- Being an exemplar of company culture
- Addressing customer needs and ensuring customer satisfaction through effective account management and communication with the customer
- Reviewing documentation to project sales and determine profitability forecast.
- Work autonomously and as part of a team to meet overall organizational goals, mission, vision and values of the Company.
- Encouraging, prioritizing and implementing opportunities as they arise.
- Travel: Up to 70%
Qualifications and Experience
The Mid-Western Regional Sales Manager-Retail must know CPG products and know how to match with customer’s needs.
Preferred qualifications and experience include:
- Entrepreneurial, action-oriented and decisive
- Has a sense of urgency and a successful track record of working in high-growth companies and building a business
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously generate new business
- Knows the retail market, customer and distributors association with the retail channel.
- Selling experience and customer relationships with headquarter retail chains.
- Understands the competitive landscape
- Understands profitability, P&L responsibilities for their business unit and make qualified business decisions based on this knowledge.
- Quick learner and self-motivated
- Strong leadership skills, technically strong and passionate.
- Able to challenge internal corporate individuals for support and action.
- Proven ability to influence and drive measureable results
- Can excel in a fast paced and lean organization
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possesses excellent skills as it relates to Microsoft Office and other required software skill sets.
- Proven success in designing and implementing sales strategies
- Knowledge of ERP systems and tools for forecasting and reporting.
- Knowledge of trade related computer software for every aspect of business reporting.
- College Degree- 4 year
- 10+ years Retail Food experience or related CPG experience.
- 5+ years of condiment experience is a plus.
- Excellent telephone skills and computer knowledge with proficiency.
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency composing written communications.
- Must attend and complete all education or training programs required by the company.
- Home office based position
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position requires mild lifting associated with the operation of a business office.