Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We are growing quickly and seeking a Regional Account Executive to expand Roofstock’s Marketplace by attracting new clients who are selling residential real estate investment properties. The goal of this position is to obtain single family rental listings to sell on the Roofstock marketplace. The job entails networking and deepening relationships with advanced real estate investors, landlords, property managers, title companies and other relevant parties in the residential real estate industry.
The position will report to the Director of Local Market Growth and will be expected to thrive independently in our start-up culture. The position will have the ability to be creative, test strategies and pivot quickly, to continuously improve our business development plan. The Marketing team has a wealth of real estate experience and is excited to bring on a high caliber candidate with great potential to grow in the Fintech space!
What You Will Do:
- Identify, qualify, nurture, and follow up on leads via inbound and outbound channels, email outreach and other relevant channels.
- Grow, maintain, and leverage your network to build a pipeline in SalesforceFacilitate new opportunities within your market or geographic area to add to the existing pipeline.
- Research, plan, and oversee new marketing initiatives for strategic relationships/clients.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Develop proposals and prepare PowerPoint presentations.
- Travel is expected up to 50% of position.
What You Bring With You:
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- At least three (3) years in a Business Development or Sales role with proven skills required in prospecting, market research, cold-calling, closing business and building excellent long-term business and strategic relationships.
- Prefer three (3) years as a real estate agent, in residential investment acquisitions, or asset management with particular emphasis on interacting with real estate investors.
- Excellent industry knowledge of the residential real estate investment market and an understanding of regional economic drivers for markets around the Midwest and/or Southeast United States.
- Experience with managing a sales pipeline in Salesforce or other CRMs.
- Strong communication skills with a self-starting, aggressive mindset to acquire and grow business.
- Excellent ability to network, has a high level of self-motivation, creative prospecting skills, strategic marketing ideas, ability to identify customer needs and challenges, pipeline management, real estate market knowledge, meeting sales goals.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible Time Off and sick days
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals
- Company-sponsored outings
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.