Responsible for the strategic development of new Healthcare features for the key product areas that serve to drive traffic, customer experience, revenue growth and profitability for the Company. Analyzes complex new product design drawings and specifications and translates them into finished high quality commercialized Healthcare products that provide the company with a passionate advantage. Works closely with the engineering team, other Product Managers and business stakeholders to define, develop and deliver on Healthcare product priorities and ensure a effective rollout and utilization. Differentiation between the Senior Product Manager and the Principal Product Manager is the scale and complexity of the projects and products managed.
- Leads multiple, complex product development projects, simultaneously, in support of the goals and objectives of the Product Management function. Responsible for working closely with the tactical level and with peers cross-functionally and where applicable, the producer function to migrate creative product design concepts into finished, scalable, high quality commercialized goods that provide the Company with a competitive advantage in the marketplace relative to its portfolio of products.
- Assess business and technical requirements from various entities and synthesize requirements into a consolidated roadmap.
- Leverages broad knowledge and experience, engineering principles, technologies, and product characteristics in providing guidance to technical teams.
- Closely monitors progress on projects including the development of prototypes and models, where appropriate. Based on the close monitoring, this role may negotiate modifications to original specifications or deadlines as technical challenges, failures or other project issues arise.
- Recommends new product development and enhancements.
- Evaluates the product requirements and design documents to determine how to best structure the product development process in a given case. Identifies the human, technical and other resources necessary to deliver the product project on time and within budget.
- Identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Assigns projects or project elements to the team of Product Managers and clarifies the goals and objectives for the project and each of its stages.
- Communicates product status and roadmap evolution to management.
- Leads the development and product release process working closely with cross-functional teams.
- Captures and shares best practice documents amongst the field and internal teams. Contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and presentations.
- Provides counsel and mentorship to less experienced. Provides work direction and assignments to team members. May have direct reports
- May influence profit and loss capabilities in the Healthcare product space.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The Company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the U.S. and Europe. WBA is one of the world's largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. The Company's size, scale, and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
Including through its equity method investments, WBA:
- is present in more than 25* countries
- employs more than 440,000* people
- has more than 18,750* stores in 11* countries
- has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 400* distribution centers delivering to more than 240,000 pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries.
The Company's portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
WBA's purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The Company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive organization and a sustainable marketplace. Our businesses have been recognized for their Corporate Social Responsibility. Walgreens was named to FORTUNE* magazine's 2019 Companies that Change the World list and Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
The Company is included in FORTUNE's 2019 list of the World's Most Admired Companies and ranked first in the food and drugstore category. This is the 26th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in Product Management, Technical Product Management or operational experience in at least one function within the Healthcare Sector OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years of experience in Product Management, Technical Product Management or operational experience in at least one function within the Healthcare Sector.
- Experience with value analysis & finding ways to unlock greater process optimization.
- Experience working on all aspects of the product management lifecycle.
- Experience working with advanced process design product management/development principles.
- Experience managing large scope, complicated projects with multiple partner teams that span multiple releases or phases.
- Experience translating complex topics into clear business-speak.
- Experience influencing & communicating reasons for change.
- Willing to travel up to20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA or Master's Degree.
- Experience strategizing and leading large, complicated Healthcare product visions with industry impacts.
- At least 6 years of experience in Healthcare product management.
- Experience developing a product roadmap & value case of on-going optimization of the product.