Clarity Solutions Group, LLC (dba Clarity Insights). Principal Consultant — Chicago, IL
- Direct and supervise onsite and offsite project teams in the analysis of user requirements and the development of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions through the application of advanced techniques in Big Data, Statistical Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
- Build motivated project teams and enable positive work environments for both Clarity and team members.
- Define and develop information architecture to balance business needs against extensible and robust solutions, leading project teams to evaluate interface and operational requirements between hardware and software and design custom-fit systems of low-to-medium complexity.
- Apply expert knowledge of data tools (e.g., Python, R, Java, Scala, Pig, C++, or SQL); and data mining and predictive modeling techniques (e.g., Logistic Regression, Linear/Non-Linear Regression, Time Series Analysis; Optimization, Simulation, or Machine Learning).
- Liaise with client executives on behalf of Clarity, reviewing and making design decisions that impact the data model and overall system architecture and ensuring the cost-effective execution of targets and timelines in accord with service level agreements.
- Apply a highly technical knowledge base and execute tool selection activities in key areas of specialization, including Data Movement, Data Architecture, and Information Delivery.
- Generally, provide project team leadership to innovate through creative application of tools and technologies and establish and enforce technology standards and key performance benchmarks to ensure delivery effective big data and analytics in a variety of industries and computing environments.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or related discipline and 3 years of experience in job offered or a related technical role; OR alternatively, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or related discipline and 5 years of experience in job offered or a related technical role.
- One (1) year of experience must include the following: Full lifecycle project experience in Big Data, Statistical Modeling, Data Warehousing, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning; at least two of the following data tools: Python, R, Java, Scala, Pig, C++, or SQL; at least one of the following data mining and predictive modeling techniques: Logistic Regression, Linear/Non-Linear Regression, Time Series Analysis, Optimization, Simulation or Machine Learning.
- Clarity staffs this position at our corporate headquarters, our various offices across the United States, and our client-sites; thus, relocation to various unanticipated company and client sites throughout the United States may be required.
Why Clarity Insights, Why Consulting and Why Now?
We don’t try to be everything to everybody all the time. We specialize in Data & Analytics and will remain a platform and tool agnostic company so you can grow technically throughout your career. It sounds ridiculous but you actually need to be 100% technical and 100% business with strategy because we don’t hire non-communicative robots who have a one size fits all approach. We often could speak to a CFO or Head of Underwriting about a business or finance problem, and based on the need for real-time and affordable scalability, we can outline – in terms they can understand – why they should think about a cloud solution for big data and analytics. If we step across to the DevOps lab, we can easily pick up on a conversation about Apache committers, OSF, full stack development, microservices, containers – you know – GEEK OUT. We’re not trying to boil the ocean. We want to grow from 400 people to 1700 people in 4 years to take the market an accessible set of consulting skills. We have a lot of fun together. Most people join here and stay here for the people. That said, we are popular so we do rack up some travel miles. I have a million things to share about why that may change and why that must stay the same for now, but here’s a suggestion – if you LOVE Cloud Computing for Big Data and/or Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, etc we should talk.
Clarity Insights is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity.