Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Practice Manager
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient's communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
Practice Manager (PMs) are important leaders at Oak Street Health. PMs manage a single clinic location and are responsible for Oak Street Health's operations in and around their clinics. PMs are expected to supervise clinical and non-clinical co-workers, support operational initiatives, and generally ensure the clinic operates smoothly and in a timely manner on a daily basis.
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring a multi-disciplinary team of 15+
- Leading the execution of in-clinic operational initiatives
- Problem-solving team member and patient problems in the moment
- Ensuring our patients are always delighted with the level of care they receive
- Ensuring our scheduling and billing processes are executed efficiently
- Overseeing our clinical and community areas
- Advocating for your clinic, team, and patients
- Being an ambassador in the local community - building relationships with other healthcare providers, social/ community organizations, and marketing partners
- Supporting and contributing to on-the-ground marketing initiatives
- Generally ensuring clinic operations are running smoothly on a daily basis
This role reports to the Regional Vice President and has opportunity for advancement.
What we're looking for
We're looking for motivated, experienced leaders with:
- 2 or more years of experience in a supervisory role within a clinical setting
- Bachelor degree required, Master's degree preferred
- A passion for mentorship and team-development
- A problem-solving orientation and eagerness to identify process gaps and implement practical solutions
- A flexible and positive attitude
- A proactive and adaptable working style- able to cover tasks as they arise
- Impeccable judgment and maturity
- A supportive attitude toward our patient population of older adults
- Proficient PC skills
- Fluency in Spanish, Polish, Russian, or other languages spoken by people in the communities we serve (where necessary)
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky“. What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can't be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- High levels of responsibility and opportunities for rapid advancement
- Generous retirement options, paid vacation/sick time, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Supportive and fun culture
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers