The Plant Operator safely operates all equipment at the location used to load and unload rail boats, barges
and / or trucks, ensuring order accuracy and expeditious processing of requests. Operators are also responsible for operating the grinding facility.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Maintain grounds, offices, terminal, etc.
- Carry out tasks related to loading/unloading material for waterway and road methods of transportation, as appropriate for the specific location.
- Understand and operate truck loading equipment.
- Understand and operate cement grinding equipment.
- Operate and conduct general maintenance on mobile equipment and assist with general mechanical maintenance.
- Sample product from mill, trucks, boats, and barges following company policies.
- Maintain accurate maintenance records on all terminal equipment.
- Perform clerical functions following the established guidelines for the recording of production, receipts, shipments, and inventory records.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
- Operators need the ability to communicate with managers, customers, sales personnel, trucking firms, and suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 1-3 years
Required Training/Certifications: Mobile equipment certifications/proficiencies for forklift, loader, skid steer, and man-lift. Basic mechanical skills including welding and cutting.
Licenses Preferred: Valid Driver's License.
Required Computer and Software Skills: Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and SAP.
Additional Requirements: Experience with customer service and equipment operation and maintenance.